If you have spots on the pages when you print from your DCP-9055 printer, its more than likely that there is something stuck to your drum unit and it needs to be cleaned. If the spots are blue then its on your blue/cyan drum that the problem is and same for other colours. I have instructions on how to clean your drum unit below.
- Print the drum dot check sheet.
- Make sure the machine is in the ready state.
- Press Menu.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Machine Info. and press OK.
- Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Drum Dot Print and press OK.
- Press Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start.
- Press Stop/Exit.
- Turn off the machine’s power switch. Disconnect all cables, and then unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet (electrical socket).
- Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Pull the drum unit out until it stops.
- Turn the green lock lever (1) at the left of the machine counterclockwise (anticlockwise) to the release position.
- Holding the green handles of the drum unit, lift the front of the drum unit and remove it from the machine.
- Be careful not to inhale toner.
- We recommend that you place the drum unit and/or toner cartridge on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- Hold the green handles of the drum unit when you carry it. DO NOT hold the sides of the drum unit.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and slightly push it to unlock. Then pull it out of the drum unit. Repeat this for all the toner cartridges.
To avoid print quality problems, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.
- Turn the drum unit over by holding the green handles.
- Make sure that the drum unit gears (1) are on the left hand side.
- Check the drum dot check sheet printed in Step 1.
- Dot Colour: The colour of printed dots is the colour of the drum you should clean.
- Dot location: The sheet has eight numbered columns. The number of the column with the printed dot in is used to find the dot position on the drum.
- Confirm the suspected area of the appropriate coloured drum by using the numbers next to the drum roller.
- Turn the drum unit gear toward you by hand while looking at surface of the suspected area.
- When you have found the mark on the drum that matches the drum dot check sheet, wipe the surface of the drum gently with a cotton swab until the mark on the surface comes off.
DO NOT clean the surface of the photosensitive drum with a sharp object.
- Hold the handle of the toner cartridge and slide it into the appropriate colored section of the drum unit until it clicks into place.
- Make sure the green lock lever (1) is in the release position as shown in the illustration.
- Match the guide ends (2) of the drum unit to the marks (1) on both sides of the machine, then gently slide the drum unit into the machine until it stops at the green lock lever.
- Turn the green lock lever (1) clockwise to the lock position.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
- Plug the machine’s power cord back into the AC power outlet (electrical socket) first, connect all cables. Turn on the machine’s power switch.
- Your printer should now be printing great quality copies once more.