Using Visa / Mastercard / Paypal / and most other card types
We use PayPal for all payments on the O’Dwyer Office Supplies website because PayPal is one of the most trusted payment methods for online purchases.
- PayPal allows you to make an instant payment
- Pay with your credit card or debit card
- You do not have to have a PayPal account – you can check out as a PayPal Guest user
- We never see your credit card or bank account details – this is all handled by PayPal using their secure servers
- PayPal is completely free to ALL buyers
- PayPal supports payments in multiple currencies
Is your credit/debit card being rejected by PayPal with the following message?
“The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit card or debit card number.”
This message will usually only occur if you are trying to complete the transaction as a PayPal Guest, and may be appearing for one of the following reasons:
- Your credit card / debit card may already be linked to a PayPal account. If this is the case then PayPal will expect you to use your PayPal account and not use the Guest facility.
- The card you are using has previously been associated with a PayPal account that has since been closed.
- You’ve linked the card to a PayPal account, but have not yet confirmed it.
- You’ve exceeded your card limit with the PayPal system.
- PayPal may restrict Guest Usage for security and fraud reasons, and a limit may apply to the number of times that a card can be used as a PayPal Guest card, or a limit may apply to the total value of Guest transactions for a particular card.
- Your browser is not set to accept cookies. You should clear any existing cookies, ensure that your computer is set to accept cookies, and try again.
How do I make a payment if the PayPal payment screen rejects my card?
You should be able to use the PayPal Guest checkout method if you do not have a PayPal account.
If you are trying to use a credit card or debit card that is being rejected by PayPal’s checkout process then we recommend that you use an alternative credit/debit card.
All our payments go through the PayPal system and O’Dwyer Office Supplies has no involvement in the payment process. Each day we receive numerous successful transactions, and if you continue to have problems with checking out then we recommend that you contact PayPal customer services (www.paypal.com) and they should be able to assist you with identifying the reasons why the transaction cannot be completed with your card.